Some simple ideas to help you build your own health and safety standards.
Enough about the pandemic, for now. Let’s talk about what we can control and share a few ideas of what organizations and brands around the world are implementing to keep people safe and healthy. The key here is to find your version of this strategy that will fit your organization. Not all of us have the budgets of these organizations but much of this process and even technology can be purchased or leased on the cheap. The key is to make this process easy to follow, repeatable, and to ensure your customers know your main goals are to keep them and your employees safe and healthy.
One key here is to understand the different levels of concern that will vary from person to person. As well as security, the measures you implement have to be as acceptable as possible, so we keep inconvenience down, and provide a clear vision to the greater good.
Here are some top ideas and examples as you look to find your strategy and practice.
Connect Travel’s Safe Space (Safe + Clean Plan)
- Temperature checks will be conducted before entering the event.
- Cloth masks will be required for attendees and staff at a minimum.
- Glove and hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event.
- Disinfectant foggers will be placed in the exhibit hall area.
- New appointment design allows for social distancing measures and plexiglass shields will be placed on appointment tables.
- Indoor/outdoor spaces will be used as much as possible.
- Larger aisle ways and one-way only aisles in the trade show and appointment areas help manage traffic.
- Education sessions will be set up to allow for 6’ space between chairs.
- F&B will be provided in a no-contact way (i.e. pre-packaged food, no self-serve buffets).
- There will be no large general sessions this year at Connect.
Hilton’s Clean Stay
While full details for the program are still in development and expected to be announced soon, hotel brand standards under consideration include:
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seal: Add an extra measure of assurance by placing a room seal on doors to indicate to guests that their room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned.
- 10 High-Touch, Deep Clean Areas: Extra disinfection of the most frequently touched guests room areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more.
- De-clutter Paper Amenities: Remove pen, paper and guest directory; supplement with digital or available upon request.
- Focus on Fitness Centers: Improved guidelines for disinfecting the hotel Fitness Center, possibly closing for cleaning multiple times daily and limiting the number of guests allowed in at one time.
- Clean and Clean Again: Increase the frequency of cleaning public areas.
- Guest-Accessible Disinfecting Wipes: Provide stations at primary entrances and key high traffic areas, for instance, a station to allow guests to wipe the elevator button before pressing.
- Contactless Check-In: Hilton will double-down on its award-winning Digital Key technology for guests who desire to have a contactless arrival experience. Guests can check-in, choose their room, access their room with a digital room key and check-out using their mobile devices through the Hilton Honors mobile app at participating hotels. Hilton will continue to expand its Digital Key capabilities to common doors and access points throughout the hotels.
- Innovative Disinfection Technologies: Hilton is exploring the addition of new technologies, like electrostatic sprayers – which use an electrostatically charged disinfecting mist – and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects.
And throughout the new cleaning process, hotel Team Members will be provided with personal protective equipment and enhanced training designed to protect their well-being while continuing to deliver unmatched Hilton hospitality.
At OmniExperience, we are focused on providing new ways of engagement in the industries we serve. From thermal scanning devices and kiosks, to mobile notifications and alerts and digital signage to help people navigate easier. We would welcome the opportunity to help you build a plan for your facility, meeting area, attractions etc. We are happy to share information and technology that ranges from virtual communication to interactive solutions. Send us an email or call and we will be happy to help, as we conquer this pandemic together.